Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Again

I can't believe it has been a whole week since I posted last.  It has been really busy plus I have had a nasty cold.  My students started doing research today and I thought I was going to die from a coughing fit in the middle of explaining how to use the encyclopedia.  I am not catching on to the swimming thing as quickly as I had hoped that I would.  I think that it is actually a difficult sport to learn because it can be hard to see exactly what the instructor is showing you and for them to see what you are doing.  Especially on things like breathing. I also think that twice a week is pretty intense.  I am half way through.  After today, I will only have two lessons left. 

My other class is reading Romeo and Juliet, which I am enjoying a lot more than I thought I would.  They have to memorize the prologue.  I never had to memorize it, and since I like memorizing things I am working on it too.

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whose misadventur'd piteous overthrows
Doth, with their death, bury their parents’ strife.  
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents’ rage,
Which, but their children's end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours’ traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

I have most of it; I am just struggling with that third quatrain. I'm sure that I will get it down by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment