Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday

Today was definitely Monday.  I actually got up early, which is something I don't do often.  I showered and did my hair.  Dressed my 3 year old.  I do this when she is mostly still asleep so that she doesn't argue about  what I am putting on her.  After dressing she usually goes back to sleep depending on how much time is left until we have to leave.  Next I went and fed the baby.  Up until this point I thought that I was having a pretty good day.   My little guy loves to eat. He has always been a big milk fan, in any form.  He has taken to solids with a passion.  He is pretty happy most of the time, but if you want to see him get upset, just take away his food partway through a meal. I have to time his feedings in the morning or else he will eat all day or at least until we are late.  Because I was ahead of schedule, I didn't pay attention how long the feeding went.  I realized we were taking a little long, but we weren't late yet. I went and got the three year old up for the second time. We did her hair and then loaded everybody in the car.  At this point, we aren't late, but we don't have time to dawdle. Everything is ready to go, except I can't find my keys.  I look on the TV cabinet where we usually keep them, I look on the kitchen counter where they often get put.  I look on my bookcase, my bathroom counter, my computer desk, my bookcase again, the kitchen again, the whole family room.  I try to remember what I was wearing last time I drove my car and then check pockets.  I check an assortment of jacket pockets. I realize I don't have time for this and go to get the spare key out of the drawer.  The spare is missing. (I still don't know where it is!)  I go out and look at the kids sitting in the car, and remember we have a spare car. The van is old, and doesn't go well on snow, but it isn't supposed to snow.  (You really should check the weather before you think these kinds of things.)   It also has new tires, which I am still irritated about paying for. Tires are not a fun way to spend money.  I decide to take the van to work.  I move the kids over, taking time to secure them.  The seat belts don't want to cooperate, and I can feel the minutes ticking away.  I close the door, go back inside to get the van key, grab the garage opener, and start the van.  At least that is what I tried to do.  It sputtered a moment and then just clicked.  About a month ago the battery was dead, but we charged it and drove it around enough for it to pass inspection.  We then put it back in the garage and then didn't touch it for a month.  I talked to my dad and he says this is strong evidence for a bad battery. Another un-fun way to spend my money.  I call my husband, on the verge of tears, and he offers to come home.  He has only been at work for about 5 minutes.  I asked him if he remembered seeing my keys anywhere.  He thought he had seen them in the kitchen.  I go back and look again.  Instead of just looking on the bar, I actually walk into the kitchen and look.  There they are sitting on the other side of the counter next to the groceries I got on Saturday and didn't put away.  I let my husband know I have found them, then run out to move the kids back to my car. I pull out and head to day care.  I guess the good thing about a morning like this is that the rest of the day can't get much worse.  In fact it actually went pretty good. Although I am not sure what to think about the snow that is coming down now.  Like I said, I didn't think it was supposed to snow.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like one of those day tht you want to just crawl back into bed and cover your head, until it turns around! Glad you made it to work. Maybe putting the groceries away would have been a good idea! Hoe thiw Monday went better. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you edit a comment? The last line should say Hope this Monday went better Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I should have put the groceries away. Also, putting my keys somewhere would have helped. There should be a little pencil that you can click on to edit your comment. And no, this Monday wasn't better, just different. I had a headache all day. I am hoping it goes away tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you hate days like that!

    ReplyDelete