Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!

 My Baby is a whole year old -actually he is almost 13 months now.



 We had most of his cousins over for cake and ice cream.  It was a lot of fun. I spent most of the day cleaning so that it would look good when everyone arrived.  It cooled off enough that we were able to have the party in the back yard, and very few of the guests appreciated my cleaning, but that meant it was still clean when the party got over.  I was almost ready when everyone arrived.  I had everything ready except the frosting.  I am not good at making frosting.  Luckily my sister-in-law is really good at it and volunteered to help me out.



Tristan was not so sure about blowing out his candle, but the other kids helped him out.  He wasn't as excited about  his cake as we thought he would be.  He poked at it more than he ate it.  However, later in the evening he found a cupcake someone else had abandoned (once they had removed its frosting) and he quickly reduced it to crumbs. 




Tristan was walking several weeks before his birthday.  He still has no teeth.  He has suddenly developed a temper and is very possessive - my blanket, my mommy.  If his sister sits in my lap, he will try and push her out.  I think it is kind of funny.  The one problem we ran into after his birthday, was that his sister liked his new toys, a lot. He sometimes isn't allowed to play with them.  He got a really cute Little People Zoo and a Safari Jeep (in honor of his daddy's recent return from safari.)
He used to be a fantasic eater, (I would link to the post where I wrote about that, but it is still in the editor and only has about two sentences) lately however he has developed a picky streak.  He refuses food, and drops it on the floor.  Very irritating.  We still love him though.  I can't tell you how many people have stopped me to tell me how cute he is.  He is winning people over with his smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment